Are you interested in joining us?
You are welcome to come along to a few rehearsals at any time to see if you like it.
We welcome singers of all ages and abilities.
There are no auditions, and there is no requirement to be able to read music.
If you are interested please contact us or just come along and try us out.
We rehearse on Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm-9.30pm
at the Methodist Church, Eagle Brow, Lymm, Cheshire, WA13 0LP.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to audition? No.We are open to all. Our members range widely in age and musical/singing experience.
- Can I join at any time? Yes, you are welcome to start singing with us at any time.
- Do I need to have sung in a choir before? No, everyone is welcome and our members have varying levels of experience. We all learn together.
- Can I come along for a taster session? Yes, you are welcome to come and try us out anytime, with no obligation.
- Where and when are your rehearsals? We rehearse on Wednesday evenings 7.20pm-9.30pm at Lymm Methodist Church.
- How many concerts do you do annually? We aim to do two or more concerts per year at Christmas, Easter and during the summer.
- How much does it cost to join? There is a small charge to take part. We are NOT a business but we do have costs to cover (rehearsal venue/ concert overheads/ music etc). The subs are in the region of £15/term. (The first term is free- you only pay at the start of the next full term after joining)
- Do I need to be able to read music? No, some of our members do not read music at all and rehearsal CDs can be supplied if required. In many cases it is also possible to find rehearsal tracks for your parts.
- Is there a choir uniform? Yes, for concerts ladies wear a purple dress and a black pashmina (optional). Men wear a black suit and we supply a bow tie.
- Are you available for hire to sing at our event? We aim to fulfill any requests to perform at other events. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- Will I need to supply personal details when i join? Yes, we have a registration form
Is it FUN? YES!!!!